![CDATA[ [if IE 9] ]]>
Churches in Coloma
Saint John's Catholic Church, located in the Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park in Coloma, CA, was built in 1858. The Emmanuel Church, also located in the Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park in Coloma, CA, was built in 1855 by Episcopalians and Methodists. Rev. Charles Caleb Peirce was one of the first ministers. In 1921 this building became the property of the Methodists, who made extensive improvements in that year. Back in the early gold rush days, the church buildings and church organization were instruments used for the promotion of the Kingdom of God. Today, these churches are historical chapters of that time and are cared for by the Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park Superintendent. Both churches are open to the public with docents greeting visitors dressed in the period costume of the gold rush era.
Memorable weddings and special occasions can be held in these churches by contacting the Gold Discovery State Historic Park at (530) 622-3069.
1. 2.3. 4.