General Contact Number: (530) 621-5567

Health and Human Services

Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)- Community Resources

Food Assistance:  

Women, Infants & Children (WIC)
Placerville: (530) 621-6176
South Lake Tahoe: (530) 573-3491

Senior Nutrition Services
Senior Nutrition program at (530) 621-6160 to reserve your meal.

Western Slope
Placer Food Bank FREE Farmers Market

Food Bank El Dorado County of El Dorado 
Call the food bank at: 530-621-9950 or Email:

South Lake Tahoe
Information and locations of Food Assistance in South Lake Tahoe. 


El Dorado County Housing Authority at (530) 621-6300
The housing authority operates under federal guidelines from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to provide a rental subsidy assistance program (formerly known as Section 8 housing). Information about the rental subsidy assistance program can be found through the link below.

Housing Is Key
The CA COVID-19 Rent Relief program provides financial assistance for rent and utilities to income-eligible California renters and their landlords who have been impacted by COVID-19. 
Both renters and landlords can apply for assistance.
Depending on the address of your rental property, you may be eligible for a local program.

To apply for Medi-cal, CalFresh, and CalWORKS:

Placerville: (530) 642-7300
South Lake Tahoe: (530) 573-3200
Shingle Springs: (530) 642-7300

Energy Assistance

Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) helps income-eligible households pay their energy bill or heating fuel provider.

HEAP and Weatherization Office Locations:
Placerville Senior Center - 937 Spring Street, Placerville    (530) 621-6150
South Lake Tahoe Office - 1360 Johnson Blvd., Suite 103, South Lake Tahoe   (530) 573-3490
Energy Assistance Programs Brochure 

PG&E COVID Relief Payment Plan for Qualified PG&E customers:
If you have questions, please don't hesitate to call 1-800-743-5000.