Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In
General Contact Number: (530) 621-5567

Environmental Health

​Environmental Health Food Program

The Food Program serves in the best interest of the public by assuring that all food is safe for people to eat. The food program uses the California Retail Food Code (CRFC) , and other state laws to enforce food safety and construction requirements in all retail food facilities.


The food program categories below are for your convenience. If you have additional questions, please contact your local Environmental Health Specialist at (530) 621-5300 in Placerville or (530) 573-3450 in South Lake Tahoe.

Hot Topics     

NOTICE TO ALL VENDORS OPERATING IN EL DORADO COUNTY All food operations in the County of El Dorado are required to have a valid Business License. Please contact the proper agency listed below for more details. THIS APPLIES TO VENDORS FOR SINGLE EVENTS OR ANNUAL PERMITS.

      FOR COUNTY VENDING (530) 621-5800 - Treasurer Tax Collector
      CITY OF PLACERVILLE VENDING (530) 642-5223 - City of Placerville
      CITY OF SOUTH LAKE TAHOE VENDING (530) 542-6012 - City of South Lake Tahoe

Food Facility & Establishments

Safe Surplus Food Donation


Did you know with the passage of AB 1219, the California Good Samaritan Food Donation Act, that it is easier for food facilities to donate food? Please consider donating your excess food product to a local food bank, pantry or soup kitchen. Please see the links below to learn more about food donation and a toolkit to get you started.

Getting the Facts of Trans Fats

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has determined that Partially-Hydrogenated Oils (PHOs) are not generally recognized as safe (GRAS) for human consumption. This means that PHOs, which are the primary dietary source of industrially-produced trans fats, can no longer be used or served in a retail food facility. This regulation takes effect June 18, 2018. For more information, click on the link below:

​ Food Program Links & Other Related Links