General Contact Number: (530) 621-5567

Building Services

 The Lake Tahoe Basin Allocation Process 

picture of Emerald Bayimage of TRPA logoThe Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA) determines the number of allocations available to El Dorado County each year.  We distribute the available allocations on a first-come, first-served basis using an allocation request list.  You can be placed on our allocation waiting list by completing an allocation request form and paying the application fee.  Those at the top of the list will receive a letter each spring offering an allocation.  This letter is mailed approximately two weeks after TRPA releases new allocations.  This letter presents the recipient with three options:  

  1. accept the allocation and comply with the requirements, or 
  2. decline the allocation at this time and be moved to the bottom of the list, or
  3. decline the allocation and request a return of the allocation deposit ($609 of the deposit is non-refundable and is retained by TRPA).

  ** We may have TRPA Allocations available without waiting.  Call now!  530-573-3330 **

.   If you have any questions please contact us at our Placerville or South Lake Tahoe office

Land Coverage Incentives for Residential Improvements

Land Coverage Incentives for Residential Improvements   This information sheet explains the land coverage incentives adopted by the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency

Site Assessment Application

TRPA Site Assessment Application Form

Effective April 1, 2015

Building in an area where the water purveyor is South Tahoe Public Utility District?

El Dorado County Building Services has an agreement where Lake Valley Fire District will no longer need to review or inspect your residential fire sprinkler plans and calculations.  All regulatory requirements will be handled through El Dorado County Building Services alone.  Areas outside of South Tahoe Public Utility District's water system and permit applications prior to April 1, 2015, will continue to work with Lake Valley Fire District.