Veteran Affairs 

The El Dorado County Department of Veteran Affairs was established by the Board of Supervisors of El Dorado County to assist veterans, their dependents, and survivors in obtaining entitlements from federal, state, and local agencies administering veterans programs. It is not affiliated with the Federal Department of Veteran Affairs (VA). 


click to Gov Delivery Subscription Service Subscribe to Veterans Agenda & Minutes
More Information  


 Flag Button How Do I File A Disability Claim?  Flag Button How Do I Obtain VA Medical Care?

 Department of Veteran Affairs can assist you with filing:

  • Compensation for service-related disabilities

  • Re-evaluation Increase

  • Dependency indemnity compensation for survivors annuity based upon service connected death

  • Pension for war-era veteran

  • Death pension for survivors of war-era veteran who die of non-service connected reasons

  • Dependent allowances

  • Housebound and A&A allowance

  • California Yountville Veteran Home Admissions

  • Request and Correction of Military Records

  • Vocational Rehab

  • Home Loans

  • Education benefits

  • Life Insurance  

  • Burial

  • Waivers

Red Star  Don't be a Victim:  Be Aware of Pension Poaching Scams
Fact Sheet - How to protect yourself from identity theft after a data breach
California Association of County Veterans Service Officers, Inc. (CALVSO)

CALVET License Plate To own an active symbol of your service to your country, and support your County Veterans Services visit   DMV's Active Military and Veterans' Web Page