Vacation Home Rentals

Owners of vacation home rentals in the unincorporated area of El Dorado County (which include homes, townhouses and condominiums that are rented for a period of 30 consecutive days or less) are required to apply for a Vacation Home Rental Permit.

The Vacation Home Rental Permit also serves as a business license and as registration to collect the Transient Occupancy Tax.

The Vacation Home Rentals Ordinance was revised and went into effect July 5, 2018 and requires owners to obtain a permit to operate their vacation home rental. The ordinance is designed to lessen the impact of vacation renters on their neighbors.

The Tax Collector must be notified when a vacation home is sold; the permit is not transferable.