Get a Vacation Home Rental Permit

Vacation Home Rentals in the Lake Tahoe Basin

Owners of vacation home rentals in the Lake Tahoe basin (which include homes, townhouses and condominiums that are rented for a period of 30 consecutive days or less) are required to apply for a Vacation Home Rental Permit.

The Vacation Home Rental Permit also serves as a business license and as registration to collect the Transient Occupancy Tax.

The Vacation Home Rentals In The Lake Tahoe Basin Ordinance went into effect September 16, 2004 and requires owners to obtain a permit to operate their vacation home rental. The ordinance is designed to lessen the impact of vacation renters on their neighbors.

The Tax Collector must be notified when a vacation home is sold; the permit is not transferable.