Visiting Hours and Procedures
300 Forni Road
Placerville, CA 95667
Monday Through Sunday
8:00 AM to 11:00 AM
1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Monday through Thursday
7:00PM to 10:00PM
South Lake Tahoe Jail
1051 Al Tahoe Blvd
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
Monday through Saturday
8:30 AM to 11:00 AM
1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Only ONE (1) visitor may visit an inmate at a time; exception, a minor may be escorted by the legal guardian or parent. All minor children require I.D. (i.e.: birth certificate, school I .D.). The minor’s ID must show that the child is legally that of the visitor or the inmate’s. The minor will be accompanied by parent or legal guardian at all times, unless visiting their parent.
- Each visitor is allowed a Maximum of three (3) one-hour visits per week. Any portion of one hour counts as the entire One (1) hour visit. Should visiting rules constantly be abused, i.e.; end/start times, dress code, or disruptive behavior during your visits, the following weeks’ visitation privileges will be terminated.
- The week begins on Monday and ends on Sunday
- Inmate workers may have unlimited amount of visits, however the visitor is limited to one 1hr visit per day, maximum three (3) visits per week. Inmate workers will not be pulled away from their work station for visits.
- Inmates will not be pulled away from court ordered classes to visit.
- Visitors who have served time in the CDCR prison system or who are currently on Parole or PRCS will not be permitted to visit without prior written approval of the Jail Commander or Parole/Probation officer.
- Visitors will be required to show a proper identification prior to visiting. Example: drivers license, birth certificate with photo I.D., etc.
- No handbags, writing supplies, books, or carry items will be permitted within the visiting area.
- Cell phones, cameras, any electronic device, food, beverage, or smoking are NOT permitted within the visiting area.
- The Facility dress code is as follows for visitors, the general public, and volunteers: NO BARE BACKS, CHESTS, OR ABDOMENS, NO TANK TOPS, HALF TOPS, NO SPAGHETTI STRAPS OR BATHING SUITS. NO SHORT SHORTS, SKIRTS OR DRESSES. NO SHEER OR REVEALING, LOW CUT GARMENTS, NO GANG ATTIRE ALLOWED.
- Staff will not pass on or deliver messages to the inmates.
- Reading materials such as newspapers, books (NO hardbacks), and magazines for inmates must be mailed directly from the publisher or the book store. These materials will not be taken over the jail counter.
- Money, in the form of cash or cashiers check may be brought to the facility at any time and placed in the inmate's account. These forms of money can be sent via the US Postal Service.
- Any visitor within the facility observed in inappropriate sexual behavior, or any type of indecent exposure, may be permanently banned from visiting.
- Visiting will end at the posted times. Visitors that arrive 30 minutes before the end of visiting will not be allowed to visit at that time.
The Facility is closed to visiting on legal holidays. Regular posted hours are subject to change.
**Failure to adhere to these rules will result in loss of visiting privileges for both inmate and visitor.**
Inmate phone System is set up through, GTL: 1-800-483-8314