General Contact Number: (530) 621-5567

Cash Aid Services

California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs)

CalWORKs is a state-and-federally-funded public assistance program that provides cash aid and supportive services to eligible families, including eligible non-citizens, that have a child(ren) in the home. This includes payments for childcare, diapers, transportation, and ancillary supports like books, tools, fees, and clothing, as well as mental health, substance abuse, and domestic abuse services and personal counseling. Families may also be eligible for housing assistance, or the CalWORKs home visiting program, depending on their unique circumstances. 

For more information from the California Department of Social Services and to apply online, please visit:   


To apply directly with El Dorado County you can call or stop by one of our offices. 

El Dorado County Health and Human Services Agency

​Placerville Office

3057 Briw Road, Suite A
Placerville, CA 95667
(530) 642-7300  
Fax: (530) 626-7734 

​South Lake Tahoe Office

3368 Sandy Way
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
(530) 573-3200
Fax: (530)578-6049