General Contact Number: (530) 621-5567

Employment Services

CalWORKS Diversion Program

Voter Registration 2  California Voter Registration Information

The Diversion program can offer an alternative to CalWORKs applicants by providing a one-time lump sum payment to meet a specific need. It is intended to provide immediate assistance to help parents keep or start a job and continue to be self-supporting.

The Diversion program can help with short-term needs, including but not limited to: security deposits, rent, utility bills, moving costs, vehicle expenses, or rehabilitative services.

Eligibility for Diversion is assessed during the initial CalWORKs program intake interview.

Questions can be directed to the Health and Human Services Agency office nearest you:

Placerville Office
 3057 Briw Road
 Placerville, CA 95667
 (530) 642-7300

South Lake Tahoe Office
3368 Sandy Way
 South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
 (530) 573-3200