General Contact Number: (530) 621-5567

Cash Aid Services

Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA) 

The Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA) program is federally funded through the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) and provides cash assistance to qualified Refugees, including Asylees, Cubans/Haitians, Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) holders, certain Humanitarian Parolees, Amerasians, and Certified Victims of Trafficking. In accordance with the MPP § 69-201.3, El Dorado County Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA) will determine the eligibility of refugees in the Refugee Resettlement Program (RRP) for CalWORKs or RCA. El Dorado County HHSA administers these programs according to federal policy under the supervision of the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) for financial assistance and social services to eligible applicants/recipients. Eligibility is determined through CalWORKs.


How Do I Apply for RCA? 

For more information and to apply online, please visit: Refugees ( or BenefitsCal.  

You can also apply directly through El Dorado County either in person, by telephone, fax, or mail.

El Dorado County Health and Human Services Agency

​Placerville Office

3057 Briw Road, Suite A
Placerville, CA 95667
(530) 642-7300  
Fax: (530) 626-7734 

​South Lake Tahoe Office

3368 Sandy Way
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
(530) 573-3200
Fax: (530)578-6049