General Contact Number: (530) 621-5567

Recorder Clerk

Marriage FAQs

Question – Do you provide Marriage Licenses?

Yes. The El Dorado County Recorder issues Marriage Licenses.

Note:  Please notice that Marriage Licenses and Ceremonies are done by appointment.  If you do not have an appointment, you may wait for an opening; however, it could be up to two hours if appointments are ahead of you.  Please inquire at the counter or call us at (530) 621-5490.

$80.00 – Issuing License and Certificate of Public Marriage, Declaration of Marriage, and Non-clergy Marriage, G.C. 26840 
$85.00 – Issuing License and Certificate of Confidential Marriage, G.C. 26840.1

Marriage Licenses:
A Marriage License issued in El Dorado County must be registered in El Dorado County.  Ceremonies for both Public and Confidential Licenses must be performed within the State of California.  Registration is the responsibility of the person who officiates the marriage ceremony.

Name Equality Act of 2007 - For a detailed flyer on information you should know, please "CLICK HERE"

 If a marriage license was purchase in El Dorado County, the Marriage Certificate may be obtained from this office.  The fee is $15 per copy.  Please follow this link for processing options:  Marriage Certificate Copies