General Contact Number: (530) 621-5567

Child Support Services

 State Disbursement Unit (SDU) - Non-Custodial Parents

There are some important changes that the State Disbursement Unit (SDU) has made:

  • The address to send payments has changed - click here image of New!
  • Statewide Allocation has changed how your payments are allocated - click here image of New!
  • You may make payments by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) - click here image of New!

image of paid stampWhat You See:

  • Payments received by this office (Placerville or Lake Tahoe office) are sent to the SDU for processing. Send them directly to the SDU to avoid delays in posting.
  • Payments will be posted as of date received at the SDU instead of date collected by the employer. Employers also should send payments directly to the SDU instead of the local Child Support agency.
  • You will see interest charges on your account if payments are not received at the SDU by the end of the month.
  • You may see a delinquent amount on your statement or credit report if payment is not posted by the SDU prior to the end of the month.
  • Please make all voluntary payments by the 20th of the month to ensure adequate time for payment posting. Remember, payments are generally due on the 1st of each month.

Information for Parents Making Support Payments

What is the address of the SDU for sending Payments?

For payments ONLY, the address is:
State Disbursement Unit
P.O. Box 989067
West Sacramento, CA 95798

  When should I make my payments?

All payments will now be credited on the date they are received at the SDU. To ensure the SDU receives your payment before the end of the month. You can still make payments in person at your local Child Support Services office, but they will not be posted until the SDU receives the payment.

Can I continue to make credit card payments?

Yes. If your local office currently processes credit card payments, they will continue to receive and/or process your credit card payment locally. In Summer 2006, you will be able to make your payments using credit cards over the SDU’s secure internet website, and you will also have the option to pay by electronic funds transfer (EFT) from a checking or savings account.

Can I go to my child support office and make a payment?

Yes. Local child support agencies will still accept payments. But during transition, your local office must forward the payment to the SDU for processing. Your account will be credited on the date the SDU receives your payment.

To ensure the SDU receives your payment by the end of the month, make your payment by the 20th of the month so your local office can forward it to the SDU in time.

If you usually pay your child support in cash, you should consider paying by check, money order, or other means to avoid the delay caused by forwarding your payment. In Summer 2006 when the system is running statewide, you will send your payments directly to the SDU.

My payment is taken out of my paycheck. How will I be affected?

When your county transitions to the SDU, your wage withholding payment will be forwarded to the SDU by the local child support office. Your account will now be credited on the date the payment is received at the SDU. This is a change from how your payments were credited under the old system. Now all payments will be credited when they are received at the SDU. Payments will no longer be credited on the date they are withheld from your paycheck. All payments must be received at the SDU by the end of the month to be credited in that month.

If your wage withholding is received at the SDU after the end of the month, you will have a balance due. During the system transition, the Department of Child Support Services and your local child support agency will be working to minimize any inconveniences caused by the system change.

To avoid adding to your existing account balance or to keep from starting a balance, you have the option to make payments over time to clear any past-due amounts. 

How has Statewide Allocation changed the way my payments are applied?

Statewide Allocation of payments means processing payments based on the number of cases belonging to a paying parent. How a payment is divided between cases is based upon many factors including how much support is owed and paid, and whether the payment(s) are for current or past due support.

How can I get set up for Electronic Payments?

You can help avoid late fees and interest by setting up electronic payments.
Click here to get started to get things started.

Need help?

  • Visit the SDU website here or at or contact us  
  • Court-ordered child support is due on the 1st day of each month. Any balance owed on the last day of the month will accrue interest which is charged at 10%
  • Please note that the Federal government has authorized these changes. 
Live Chat