Birth and Death Certificates
Notice: SEE NEW INFORMATION IN PUBLIC NOTICES 11/21/2011
Only “authorized persons” will be able to purchase a Certified Copy of their own or family Birth or Death Certificate. You must fill out a form prior to purchase, and indicate whether or not you are an authorized person by signing “under penalty of perjury” statement. If you are not an authorized person, you will receive a certified copy with the statement INFORMATIONAL, NOT A VALID DOCUMENT TO ESTABLISH IDENTITY across the face of the document, and you will also have to fill out a form.
If you desire to purchase a Birth or Death Certificate by mail:
- You will need to download the forms available on this site.
- You will need to sign both the Sworn Statement (and sign under penalty of perjury), and have the Certificate of Acknowledgment notarized if you want a certified copy. (As an authorized person)
- All these forms must be mailed to the El Dorado County Recorder-Clerk office along with the proper fee.
- Please note the instructions for requesting an “Informational” copy. You only need to fill out the Applicant and Registrant portions, and send the proper fee.
- If we receive only the Applicant and Registrant portion filled out, we will keep the fee and send you an “Informational” copy.
- Only “Authorized Persons” are required to fill out the perjury and acknowledgement forms. You will receive a certified copy for your records.
- Please read the INSTRUCTIONS page regarding the above.