(530) 621-2218 Fax
130 Placerville Drive, Suite B
Placerville, CA 95667
Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Closed 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m.
Friday LIMITED hours: (first come first served)
9:30 a.m.-11:45 a.m. Walk-ins for new clients
2nd and 4th Friday of the month ID card day
3rd Friday of the month Veteran Benefit Outreach Day
South Lake Tahoe Office
Located in the Senior Center
3050 Lake Tahoe Blvd.
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
(530) 573-7955 x5892
Fax: (530) 621-2218
Closed 12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m.
1st and 2nt Tuesday of the month by Appointment Only
3rd Tuesday of the month Walk-ins for new clients
ID Cared and Veteran Benefit Outreach events are schedules as needed.
Local Phone Numbers
El Dorado Hills
(916) 358-3555 x5892
For questions please send inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org
Veterans Memorial Building
130 Placerville Drive, Suite A
Placerville, CA 95667
Building Manager is available Monday through Friday 8:00 - 12:00 only.
The El Dorado County Department of Veteran Affairs was established by the Board of Supervisors of El Dorado County to assist veterans, their dependents, and survivors in obtaining entitlements from federal, state, and local agencies administering veterans programs. It is not affiliated with the Federal Department of Veteran Affairs (VA).
We serve clients by appointment Monday through Thursday, appointments are the preferred method for us to serve our clients. Call (530) 621-5892 (for west slope) and (530) 573-7955 ext. 5892 (for east slope) to schedule your appointment. We have a limited number of drop-in slots on Friday mornings between 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. first come, first served.
Veteran Benefits Overview - The El Dorado County Veteran Affairs Office provides a Veteran Benefits Overview for veterans, their dependents and/or survivors with a one-hour basic information session every 3rd Friday of the month following with a brief question and answer. Please check the schedule and call our office to sign up.
Veterans Monument Note:
Brick sales and applications are available through:
4480 Missouri Flat Road
Placerville CA 95667
Phone: (530) 622-5386
Department of Veteran Affairs can assist you with filing:
- Compensation for service-related disabilities
- Re-evaluation Increase
- Dependency indemnity compensation for survivors annuity based upon service connected death
- Pension for war-era veteran
- Death pension for survivors of war-era veteran who die of non-service connected reasons
- Dependent allowances
- Housebound and A&A allowance
- California Yountville Veteran Home Admissions
- Request and Correction of Military Records
- Vocational Rehab
- Home Loans
- Education benefits
- Life Insurance
Fact Sheet - How to protect yourself from identity theft after a data breach
California Association of County Veterans Service Officers, Inc. (CALVSO)
To own an active symbol of your service to your country, and support your County Veterans Services visit DMV's Active Military and Veterans' Web Page
Directions to the El Dorado County Department of Veteran Affairs From Highway 50 Eastbound:
- Exit at Forni Road off ramp.
- Continue to your right, over the freeway on Placerville Drive.
- Turn right at Armory Way.
- Turn right just before the Fair Grounds entrance, into the rear parking lot of the Veterans Memorial Building.
- Continue through the rear "lower" parking lot and enter the upper parking lot, which faces Placerville Drive.