Visiting Hours and Procedures
300 Forni Road
Placerville, CA 95667
8:30 AM to 11:00 AM
1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
7:00PM to 10:00PM
Inmates in Placerville Jail are allowed up to 3 visits per week.
South Lake Tahoe Jail
1051 Al Tahoe Blvd
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
Monday through Saturday
9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
* Inmates in Tahoe Jail are allowed up to 3 visits per week.
VISITATION WILL TERMINATE AT POSTED TIMES
(These posted hours are subject to change)
- Only one (1) visitor may visit an inmate at a time. Exception, minor may be escorted.
- Each visitor is allowed a maximum of three, one-hour visits per week. Any portion of one hour counts as the entire hour.
- The inmate is restricted to three visits TOTAL per week. This allows the inmate a total of three hours of visiting each week. Should the time be consistently abused, the following weeks visitation privileges will be terminated.
- Under no circumstances will visits be allowed or money accepted by a former inmate of EDSO until they have been out of custody for 30 days.
- The week begins on Monday and ends on Sunday.
- Inmate workers may have unlimited amounts of visits, however, the visitor is limited to only one hour per day, 3 visits per week. Inmate workers will not be pulled away from their workstations for visits.
- Visitors will be required to show proper identification prior to visiting. IE: Drivers License, Birth Certificate w/ ID, etc.
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by parent of legal guardian at all times while in the facility, unless visiting their parent.
- No food, beverage, or smoking permitted in the facility.
- No handbags or carry items will be permitted in the visiting area.
- The facility dress code is as follows for visitors, the general public, and volunteers:
- No bare backs, chests, or abdomens.
- No tank-tops, half-tops, halter-tops, spaghetti straps, or bathing suits.
- No short shorts, short skirts, or short dresses.
- No sheer or revealing, low cut garments.
- No gang attire allowed.
- Our staff will not pass on or deliver messages to the inmates.
- Inmates may receive mail. Address the envelope to the inmate C/O El Dorado County Jail at the appropriate address. Do not place any stickers on the letter or envelope, these will not be accepted.
- Reading material such as newspapers, books, or magazines for inmates must come directly from the publisher or a bookstore, they will not be taken over the counter.
- Money, in the form of cash or cashier's check may be brought to the facility and placed on the inmates account.
- Any visitor within the facility observed in inappropriate sexual behavior, or any type of indecent exposure, may be permanently banned from visiting.
Failure to adhere to these policies will result in loss of visiting privileges to both inmate and visitor.