Public Review draft of the comprehensive Sign Ordinance Update
Public Review draft of the comprehensive Sign Ordinance Update (OR12-0001)
Review and comment is requested by the County to identify and consider concerns in preparation of the final draft Sign Ordinance. Your written responses must be received by the Community Development Agency- no later than September 9, 2013.
Staff will be holding community meetings with stakeholders and the general public during the 60-day public review period to answer any questions or address any concerns you might have. For more information please visit the link above.
- Community Meeting - August 12, 2013 at 3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. in the Planning Commission Hearing Room
- Agricultural Commission Meeting - August 14, 2013 at 6:30 p.m. in the Board of Supervisors Chamber
- Community Meeting - August 19, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. in the Planning Commission Hearing Room
- Planning Commission Meeting - August 22, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. in the Planning Commission Hearing RoomThis is an informational workshop only. No action will be taken.
- Economic Development and Advisory Committee (EDAC) - August 22, 2013 at 1:00 p.m. in the OES Conference Room
Presentation: El Dorado County Community Meetings Draft Sign Code Update
The Planning Commission Hearing Room is located at 2850 Fairlane Court, in Building C of the Government Center in Placerville. The Board of Supervisors Chamber is located at 330 Fair Lane, in Building A of the Government Center. The OES Conference Room is located at 330 Fairlane Court, in Building A, lower level, of the Government Center.
After these public workshops, staff will consider revisions to the draft ordinance, based on comments received.
Sign Ord Gen Public Comments Submitted through 9-9-13
Sign Ord Agency Public Comments Submitted through 9-10-13
- Environmental Review
- Hearings with Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors to consider adoption.
In August 2012, the Board directed staff to contract for the preparation of a comprehensive sign ordinance amendment and the related Environmental Impact Report. A contract was executed with Pacific Municipal Consultants, Inc. (PMC) in December 2012 for this work. In January 2013, PMC provided an introductory presentation to a joint meeting of the Board of Supervisors and the Planning Commission which included an introduction to sign regulations, a plan for moving forward, and the opportunity for input, feedback and direction. Since that time, PMC has been working with staff to prepare a "working draft" sign ordinance. In order to complete that effort, staff continues to provide status updates to the Board and the public on the sign ordinance, and identify issues requiring further discussion and direction. Following is link to Board agenda items for this project.
Legistar File ID Number 13-0086