HEALTH INSURANCE COUNSELING AND ADVOCACY PROGRAM
The Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (HICAP) is a volunteer supported program that helps with Medicare problems, health insurance and long term care insurance. The program gives unbiased information to help you make the best choice for your health care needs. HICAP does not sell, endorse, or recommend any specific insurance. HICAP assistance is free, and includes community education services and individual counseling.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call (530) 621-6369
Who Qualifies for HICAP?
- Current Medicare beneficiaries
- Persons about to receive Medicare benefits
- Children or other representatives of Medicare beneficiaries
- Persons planning for retirement
- Older persons wanting to purchase health insurance
- Persons interested in coverage of future health related costs
How can HICAP help you?
- Understanding your rights as a health care consumer
- Medicare benefits and rights
- Full legal assistance and representation at Medicare appeals and administrative hearings
- Long-Term care insurance
- Health Maintenance Organizations
- Private Medicare Supplement Health Insurance