CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES
TO REPORT CHILD ABUSE, PLEASE USE THE PLACERVILLE HOTLINE
OR THE SOUTH LAKE TAHOE HOTLINE
(530) 573-3201 Child Protective Services (CPS) Staff:
- Investigate reports of abuse, neglect, or exploitation;
- Provide referrals to community resources;
- Provide for the safety, permanency and well-being of children at risk of abuse or neglect;
- Provide services to children and families in their own homes;
- Provide out of home placement and permanency planning when necessary; and
- Provide services to help youth in foster care make the transition to adulthood.
To Report Child Abuse:
Call the Hotline:
- (530) 642-7100 in Placerville/West Slope
- (530) 573-3201 in South Lake Tahoe
After making the phone call, Mandated Reporters must also fax a written report (Report Form) to CPS within 36 hours. Fax numbers are:
- (530) 626-7427 in Placerville/West Slope
- (530) 541-2803 in South Lake Tahoe
The purpose of the Child Protective Services program is to identify, treat and reduce child abuse and neglect, and to ensure reasonable efforts are made to protect and maintain children in their homes.
California Department of Social Services
Child Abuse Prevention
For a list of Social Services programs, please download the Social Services Division Brochure.