COUNTY MEDICAL SERVICE PROGRAM - CMSP
What is CMSP?
The County Medical Services Program (CMSP) provides essential health care services to indigent adults who are ineligible for benefits under the Medi-Cal Program and whose income is insufficient to pay medical bills while still meeting their basic needs.
To Contact CMSP in El Dorado County:
Call (530) 642-7300 in Placerville or (530) 573-3200 in South Lake Tahoe
Who Qualifies for CMSP?
Potentially eligible applicants/recipients shall:
- Be at least age 21, but less than 65 years, and not eligible for Medi-Cal
- Meet citizenship or immigration status requirements
- Apply for and accept unconditionally available income
- Provide a Social Security Number
- Meet the countable property limits for the program and any transfer / utilization of property requirements
- Not be an inmate in a public or private institution
- Use other available health care coverage
CMSP benefits can vary. Benefits may be at no cost or may require the recipient to make a share of cost contribution.
How Do I Apply
County Medical Services Program Governing Board
For more information, call (530) 642-7300 in Placerville or (530) 573-3200 in South Lake Tahoe.
For a list of Social Services, please download the Social Services Division Brochure.
California Voter Registration Information