WOMEN, INFANTS AND CHILDREN (WIC) PROGRAM
WIC is a nutrition program that helps pregnant women, new moms, babies and young children eat well, be active and stay healthy.
Call to make an appointment. At your WIC appointment, staff will check to see if you and your family qualify.
Placerville: (530) 621-6176 | South Lake Tahoe: (530) 573-3491
We also travel to these areas to provide services: Georgetown, Somerset, El Dorado Hills, Pollock Pines and Markleeville.
California Women Infants and Children (WIC) Supplemental Nutrition Program
You Can Participate in WIC if You:
- Are pregnant, breastfeeding or just had a baby
- Have children under 5 years old (including those cared for by a grandparent, foster parent and dads!)
- Have a family income within WIC guidelines:
Do I Qualify for WIC? Click here to see!
WIC Offers Families:
- Checks to buy healthy foods such as milk, eggs, fruits and vegetables, juice, cheese, whole grain foods, cereal, dry beans and peanut butter
- Nutrition and health education to help you and your family eat well and be active
- Support and information on how to breastfeed your baby
- Help finding health care and other services
Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy prohibit this institution from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410; or call toll free (866) 632-9992 (voice). If you are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities, contact the USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.