Click on links below to see animals at El Dorado County shelters:
Placerville Shelter - Dogs, Cats, and other animals
South Lake Tahoe Shelter - Dogs, Cats, and other animals
Other Area Shelters - www.petharbor.com
Adoption Locations and Hours:
Placerville Shelter -
511 Placerville Dr., Placerville, CA 95667
Monday through Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed Sundays and Holidays.
For more info call us at (530) 621-7631 or visit our shelter.
South Lake Tahoe Shelter -
1120 Shakori Dr., South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
Monday through Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 12 noon and 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed Sunday and Major Holidays.
For more info call us at (530) 573-7925 or visit our shelter.
To adopt an animal you must:
- Be at least 18 years old. Provide verifiable identification.
- Guarantee exercise, food, water, shelter, vaccinations, medical care, grooming, identification, care and love for your new pet.
- If you rent, provide permission for a pet from the owner or manager of your rental unit.
- Adhere to state and local ordinances relating to animal care and control.
- Complete an adoption application.
Adoption fees for dogs include surgical sterilization, heartworm test (for dogs over 6 months), first distemper/parvo vaccination, deworming (as needed), flea prevention, rabies vaccination (if appropriate), microchip and a one-year license (for El Dorado County Residents).
Adoption fees for cats include surgical sterilization, Leukemia/FIV test, first distemper vaccination,deworming (as needed), flea prevention, rabies vaccination (if appropriate) and a microchip.
Dogs: $120 plus $20 1-Year Dog License Fee (Dog License Fee is $30 in South Lake Tahoe)
Small Livestock: $40
Other Small Animals: $15
Lost your pet?
Tips to help find a lost pet.