Public Information Requests
The AQMD prepares and retains files and records in the normal course of air quality regulation and related activities. These files and records are open for inspection and copying by the public under the following conditions:
- During normal AQMD business hours
- File reviews may require an appointment and supervision by AQMD staff
- Confidential material is not subject to disclosure. Examples include: records pertaining to pending litigation, personnel information, records revealing the identity of complainants, and industry trade secrets
Written Request Requirements
A written request must be submitted to the AQMD. Please use the Public Records Request Form.
For El Dorado County's main Public Records Request page, click Public Records Center.
Submit the request to AQMD using any one of the following methods:
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- fax to: (530) 295-2774
- mail to: El Dorado County Air Quality Management District
330 Fair Lane
Placerville, CA 95667
A written request is not required for copies of AQMD rules, air monitoring data, permits to operate, Board of Directors meeting packages and policies, and Hearing Board proceedings and orders. A copying charge may apply depending upon volume. Call the AQMD at (530) 621-7501 for information.
The AQMD will respond to public information requests within 10 calendar days of receipt. Some requests may require an additional 10 business days to complete, due to volume or complexity of the request.
Thank you for working with us to improve air quality