The El Dorado County Department of Agriculture/Weights and Measures,
The Department of Agriculture/Weights and Measure's mission is to protect, enhance and promote the preservation of agriculture and the environment while sustaining the public health, safety and welfare of all citizens, and to provide consumer and marketplace protections through the fair and equitable enforcement of laws and regulations.
Our staff is dedicated to assisting the residents of El Dorado County through our various programs and services; pesticide registration and regulation, nursery inspections and compliance, organic production, pest detection, weed abatement, crop statistics, wildlife services, land
use information, and consumer and business protection through our weights and measures program.
From this site, you will be able to find links to the extensive collection of programs performed by our department, upcoming events, and regional items of interest. Whether you are researching county requirements for starting your own winery or searching for information on controlling Yellow Starthistle, our website has it all!
Notice of Availability
The Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the Targeted General Plan Amendment & Zoning Ordinance (TGPA-ZOU) was released on March 24, 2014 for a 120-day public review period.Click here for more information.
King Fire 2014 Fire Damage Agricultural Assessment Form
Regarding the El Dorado Irrigation District (EID) Small Farm Irrigation Rate:
- The Department of Agriculture has just been notified that EID is putting this program on hold effective 1/14/2014.
- The Small Farm Irrigation Requirements (criteria) are currently under review.
- The Department of Agriculture, Weights and Measures will no longer be accepting applications for the Small Farm rate.
- EID has announced that they are currently reviewing the criteria. More information can be found on their website at www.eid.org.
To better serve you, our office is now open between noon and 1:00 pm!
California Department of Food and Agriculture's Drought Resources Webpage!
New Release! The 2013 El Dorado & Alpine County Crop Report!
Food Safety Modernization Act May Affect You! Learn More!
1.. Food Safety Fact Sheet #1
2. Food Safety Fact Sheet #2
3. Food Safety Fact Sheet #3
El Dorado County is updating their Zoning Ordinance. This may affect you and your Ag Zoned parcel.
See Public Meeting schedule and "Items of Interest" below...
Items of Interest